Thursday, August 6, 2009

Greatest guitar track?

To kick off my new blog, I'd like to pose a question...what is the greatest guitar track ever recorded?

I know that this is an impossible question to answer since everyone has different tastes and every guitar player has a different style, but I thought that it would be fun to get peoples ideas anyway. And please justify your choice with your reasons.

Now here's my pick:

The live version of Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan. (here it is on YouTube)

Here's why. First, the tone is unbelievable. It's exactly what I hear in my head when I think of southern blues rock. Second, the chords choices are excellent. I just love those chords. Finally, I think Stevie is actually hurting that poor quitar! Damn he is good!

Now your turn. What's your greatest guitar track?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Craig, but I've got to go with the version of Statesboro Blues from the Allman Brothers Band's "At Fillmore East Album".

    Duane's slide playing is outstanding. Even after all these years, I still get goosebumps every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete